Call for Speakers
The Toronto Tea Festival is calling out for speakers for the upcoming event to educate our attendees on various topics relating to tea. We are looking for people who are passionate about tea and want to share their knowledge in a 50-minute presentation at our 2020 event in Toronto, February 1st and 2nd. If you are interested in presenting, please see below for how you can submit your proposal for the 2020 Toronto Tea Festival. Feel free to check out our previous speakers.
- Contact information
- Biography (150 word limit)
- A small headshot, preferably 72 DPI
- A presentation outline, including the following details:
- Title of presentation
- Presentation description (50 word limit)
- 3 key learning points
The best way to convey the quality of your presentation is through your proposal. Submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30th 2019, at midnight.
Performance Art Call
The festival is looking for a selection of tea-related performances. These can range from cultural tea ceremonies to modern performances. Tea has a diverse background which is very evident in the history that has lead up to modern day. With all the cultures connected to the leaf, there is a wide range of work that can be inspired from tea itself.
The show will be curated from the selection and scheduled on our performance stage during February 1st and 2nd, 2020. Space is limited, and performers will be contacted after the closing of the call within two weeks after the deadline.
Please send the following information to email@example.com with the subject as “ATTN: Tea Performances”. Deadline is November 30th, 2019 at midnight. Any submissions after this will not be accepted.
- Artist Statement (maximum of 1 page): Describes your presentation and its connection to tea, tea culture, tea history, etc.
- Short Bio (maximum of 150 words): This will be used on the website if your presentation is chosen.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 2 pages): Describes your artistic background (e.g., education, grants, scholarships or awards received, professional status, previous exhibitions or performances, commissions, professional memberships, articles, etc.).
- Images/Support Material: 4 to 10 JPEG images. All images must be numbered and labelled to match the corresponding image list. May include one video.
- Image List: Name, media, size, and date created of each image.
All images should be in JPEG format, 72 DPI, and no larger than 1 MB in size. File names should correspond to the image list.
Toronto Tea Festival accepts submission in an electronic format only. Please send all written support as a single PDF and images in JPEG format.